Tips For Your Child's Next Wellness Exam
There are many ways to help your child stay healthy so that they can play, learn and grow! Our team is here to help answer all your questions and check in with your child to make sure that they are growing in a healthy way.
Here are some tips to help the next time your child needs to go in for a checkup:
- You might want to write down some questions before the appointment to help you stay involved in your child’s care. Here are some questions you can ask:
- What is my child’s height, weight, vision, movement and overall health?
- What are the milestones that my child should be meeting?
- What are some things that I can do to help my child stay healthy?
- When will the next visit be?
Preparing your Child
- Kids can sometimes be scared to go to an appointment. Talk with them about how nurses and doctors help keep us healthy and make us feel better when we are sick.
- Explain to your child how the visit will look. “The doctor will check different parts of your body to make sure that you are healthy. Don’t worry, I am going to be with you the whole time.”
Your child should have checkups often. Here is a guideline on when you need to make their appointments
- Eight times in their first year
- 15 months
- 18 months
- 24 months
- 30 months
- Once a year after they turn three
If your child is due for their wellness exam, give us a call today to schedule their appointment. (509) 488-5256.
Some things that you can do while you are at home, is encourage good habits and healthy routines with them throughout the week! Here’s a fun chart that you can download and fill out with your child after completing some healthy tasks.